POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can I save image output to jpeg or other format (not png, tga) : Re: Can I save image output to jpeg or other format (not png, tga) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I save image output to jpeg or other format (not png, tga)
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Feb 2007 04:35:01
Message: <web.45d57926b3f0298ff1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Miixer" <jto### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new povray'user .
>
> I want to save image to jpeg format, but I don't known
>
> please help me !!
>
> Thank a lot . ^_^

a lossy format) you can read about the options in the help file Section
3.1.2.4.1  Output File Type

The command line option is +Fx where x =
C  for Compressed Targa-24 format (RLE, run length encoded)
N  for PNG (portable network graphics) format
P  for Unix PPM format
S  for System-specific such as Mac Pict or Windows BMP
T  for Uncompressed Targa-24 format

Or you can add the line
Output_File_Type=x
to the povray.ini file found in Tools > Edit master povray.ini

Stephen