POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : z-buffer or depth buffer : z-buffer or depth buffer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  z-buffer or depth buffer
From: liuyang
Date: 15 Feb 2007 05:15:00
Message: <web.45d432051548a38bac5b49030@news.povray.org>
I need the distance of each pixel to the camera in the rendered scene. Is
there a way to get it in Pov ray? I am doing an experiment to study the
relationship between luminance and distance in natural or simulated world,
so it is really important to know the exact distance and pixel
relationship. Does the z buffer or depth buffer give me this information?