POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animate a verigated ribbon : animate a verigated ribbon Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  animate a verigated ribbon
From: Leef me
Date: 14 Feb 2007 17:25:01
Message: <web.45d38b5eb3638a1ced05561a0@news.povray.org>
I want to create a shape, such as a gift ribbon of fixed length.
With color that varies along the length of the ribbon.
And give it a curved path in 3D.

Further, I want to animate the path of the shape, with the above color
variation following the path of the ribbon as the ribbon moves.

I am reading through the documentation as time permits because I have other
projects in mind, but could use a little information toward this goal.

Has this already been done? If so, would someone provide a reference?
If it hasn't been done, are the following sections useful to the task?

"1.3.1.4 Sphere Sweep Object" promising except it is a sphere instead of
flat
"1.3.1.5 Bicubic Patch Object" seems promising for the object
"2.2.1.9 Spline Identifiers" possible way to define the path

Thanks in advance
Leef_me