POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : precompute light for game engine - possible? : precompute light for game engine - possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:21 EDT (-0400)
  precompute light for game engine - possible?
From: JoeJ
Date: 14 Feb 2007 10:30:01
Message: <web.45d32a896d5322538885dc340@news.povray.org>
Hi, i'm totaly new to povray.
I plan to use it to precompute light for static BSP game level geometry.
Geometry is currently in a single lightwave obj file,
all polys have nonoverlaping UV coords in a single big texturemap.
After adding some light sources, is it possible to render this texturemap
(should then contain the lighting information only) instead of rendering an
usual image from the geometry by camera?
The same process is also called "Render to Texture" or "Texture Baking" in
other apps.

Please let me know if this is possible before i start digging too deep in
this cool piece of software.
Thanks in advance!