POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : need help - clock - : Re: need help - clock - Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: need help - clock -
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Feb 2007 08:05:00
Message: <web.45d065a752f9d244f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"nero.corporations" <ner### [at] webde> wrote:
> hi again,
>
> i do care about this class and everybody in the whole class would get the
> code you`ll give me...

completed code for your schoolwork. You will get all the help we can give
you for you to do it yourself. I will describe how I would do it.

First create a clock face. You could use a disc or a cylinder. Next find an
image map that you can use for a texture. I googled
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=clock+face&btnG=Search+Images
Section 3.5.1.5  Image Maps in the documents will tell you how to use them.
Next create your clock hands. I would use CSG (Constructive Solid Geometry)
to create them. You will need something for the centre of the clock face to
represent the spindle that rotates the hands a cylinder will do.
One you have put your clock together you can rotate the hands to show the
time. Remember that all rotations in Pov-Ray are about the origin. So you
will need to offset your hands so that the point of revolution is at the
origin.
Next you will need to use the clock function to animate the rotation.
(3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables) Also look at some of the examples that come
with P0v=Ray.

Feel free to ask for help once you have started to build your scene.

Stephen