POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug (or feature to design around when animating). : Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating). Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating).
From: Charles C
Date: 12 Feb 2007 00:20:00
Message: <web.45cff79018adace69926319c0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Charles C nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 11-02-2007 01:29:
> What did work was using those dummy objects... Mind you, a single tiny
> > invisible sphere didn't have any affect unless using +MB0 or +MB1, but a
> > ring of ten tiny invisible spheres did work with the default.  Some quick
> > testing it seems that the default threshold is (for 3.6.0 anyway) 10, not
> > 25 as indicated in the docs.  Can anybody verify that for 3.6.1?  Anyway,
> > Woohoo!  Rendering fast again!
> > Charles
>
> What you need is to add Bounding_Threshold = 1 or even 0 to your ini file. The
> default is set to 3 in the file povray.ini.

Yes, as I mentioned I tried both +MB0 and +MB1 with the single sphere but I
prefered in this instance to make something that works well with default
settings.  I see the "Bounding_Threshold = 3" in POVRAY.INI but strangely
10 sphere's stopped the problem while 11 did not, making me conclude that
the real threshold being used (without my adding anything)was 10, but I'm
not sure why....  Strange.
Charles