POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug (or feature to design around when animating). : Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating). Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating).
From: Charles C
Date: 11 Feb 2007 01:35:00
Message: <web.45ceb7d918adace67d5894630@news.povray.org>
"Tom York" <alp### [at] zubenelgenubi34spcom> wrote:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> > How many objects in the first set of frames? Is it less than the bounding
threshold?
> > If the answer the second question is YES, then there will be NO bounding at all
> > for the entire animation.
> > A solution: add 1 or 2 dumy objects, like small sphere with no_image, no_shadow
> > and no_reflection or objects placed off field: behind the camera or
> > behind/inside some opaque object.
> > Others have been hit with that problem in animation with a growing number of
> > objects: 0 to 2 objects in the first frame and eventualy 1000s in subsequent
frames.

> Couldn't the +MB option help here? Can you not set it to +MB5 or less (I
> think the default is 25 objects)? No dummy objects would be needed in that
> case.
>
> Tom

Running into the same issue as mentioned, today I tried adding +MB, +MB0,
and Bounding=on to an animation ini file.  None of it helped in my case.
What did work was using those dummy objects... Mind you, a single tiny
invisible sphere didn't have any affect unless using +MB0 or +MB1, but a
ring of ten tiny invisible spheres did work with the default.  Some quick
testing it seems that the default threshold is (for 3.6.0 anyway) 10, not
25 as indicated in the docs.  Can anybody verify that for 3.6.1?  Anyway,
Woohoo!  Rendering fast again!
Charles