POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug (or feature to design around when animating). : Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating). Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug (or feature to design around when animating).
From: Charles C
Date: 10 Feb 2007 17:40:00
Message: <web.45ce496218adace6e94cc5130@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.45ca98cae9bbeb3a632e613b0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.
45
> ca98cae9bbeb3a632e613b0%40news.povray.org%3E

I have to take back part of what I said... I tried my little distibuted
rendering system with a more complicated scene which I guess needs the
bounding more than my other one.  Instance #1 on Machine A flags frame #1
and renders it in seconds.  Instance #2 on Machine A sees that frame #1 has
been flagged and renders an empty frame and goes on and flags frame #2 and
starts rendering it at a snail's pace (read ~1+ hours? instead of < ~1min).
 Instance #1 finishes frame #1 renders an empty frame #2 and goes on to
render frame #3 at a snail's pace.  Any other instance of POV-Ray on any
machine render at a snail's pace.  The distro system itself works like a
charm but there's not a lot of point when running into this.....

Charles