POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : comma separated value file for data input : Re: comma separated value file for data input Server Time
8 May 2024 16:47:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comma separated value file for data input
From: Grassblade
Date: 10 Feb 2007 07:10:00
Message: <web.45cdb4f0d81812bfd2eafd5e0@news.povray.org>
"Eric" <[firstname]@theothersideofthenet.com> wrote:
> Although far from new to POV-Ray (programmed first rendering in about 1996),
> I am an infrequent user and thus a novice.  Right now I'm returning to it to
> produce some 3D statistical graphs.  It would be really convenient for me
> read data in from some sort of two-dimensional data file (a table).  Comma
> separated value files (.CSV) are commonly used for this.  Is there any
> convenient way to read a CSV file into some sort of data container (an
> array of arrays? or can MATRIX be used other than for transforms?)
>
> Thanks!
> -Eric
Well, it so happens that I've been working on a matrices.inc for statistical
analysis. It can do most of the elementary operations, plus invert any
matrix (compatibly with the, unknwon, maximum number of elements in an
array, and computer memory). It's still beta-ish, but I can upload it if
you are interested.