POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sweep through animated door : Re: sweep through animated door Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sweep through animated door
From: Charles C
Date: 9 Feb 2007 15:55:00
Message: <web.45ccde1751af3f9d704594a90@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:

> > Nice animation especially the timing. Your materials are not particularly
> > suitable for animations, though. But then you must know this from your post

> > Stephen
>
> Hehehe. Thanks, and yeah, the door's flicker doesnt go by unnoticed... XD
>
> About the flickering flick; more fps, sturm off(!) and high AA actually got
> rid of most of it. Scaling up texture and experimenting with different
> bitrates settings also playes a part.
>
> So I learnt a lot there! None of that shows in this clip though! ;)

Two other things:  If you don't already have jitter off in your ini file,
definitely turn it off.  Then also if you don't mind rendering X times as
many more frames, you could do a little motion blur instead of a higher
fps. You can set up another .pov scene to average every Y number frames for
some subtle motion blur. It should be subtle if X >= Y.

BTW, nice brick/stone-work.  I can't wait to see what's upstairs!

Charles