POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sweep through animated door : Re: sweep through animated door Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:39:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sweep through animated door
From: quickfur
Date: 9 Feb 2007 12:50:00
Message: <web.45ccb2e151af3f9ddd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
[...]
> I did a quick test with two SOR's and Lathe's one with Strum and one without but
> could nor see any flicker at all, at all. The one without strum had banding at
> the horizon but no flicker. I think it must be the materials.
>
> Regards
>  Stephen

Maybe you should also check to make sure no light sources are
lying exactly on the surface of some object. This bit me recently,
when I was making an animation and saw frame-to-frame flickering
that refuses to go away no matter how high I set the antialiasing
options. Eventually, I stumbled across the culprit: a macro-placed
light source had inadvertently coincided with the surface of an
object, hence when the viewpoint moved, the light from that
source alternated between visible and invisible (due to roundoff
errors), thus causing the flickering.

I don't know if this is the same cause here, but I hope this helps.