POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wide-screen orthographic camera? : Re: Wide-screen orthographic camera? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wide-screen orthographic camera?
From: Charles C
Date: 7 Feb 2007 12:50:00
Message: <web.45ca1071b7cf3473704594a90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Hugo <hug### [at] yahoocombr> wrote:
> > I believe that if you omit the angle keyword, the size of the "viewing
> > volume" is not affected by the position of the camera or by the look_at
> > keyword.
>
>   Not true. The size of the projection is still determined using the
> distance between location and look_at. Just try it if you don't believe me.
>
>   If you want to move the camera around without changing the size of the
> projection window, use 'translate'.

I have a working-scene with an orthographic camera and macros for making
graphs.  I use it for manually creating/editing splines.  Anyway I tried
moving the camera location around by just multiplying the location by
various factors.  Even for the large ones there was no change in viewable
area, but there were some interesting side effects like lines only being
partially visible depending on what was behind a given part of the line.
Usually empty space doesn't obscure things but here it seems to.  (Ambient
1 cylinders, no AA involved and background color doesn't seem to matter.)
Charles