POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wide-screen orthographic camera? : Wide-screen orthographic camera? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Wide-screen orthographic camera?
From: Steve Webb
Date: 6 Feb 2007 13:20:01
Message: <web.45c8c5dc6b774602d51f24440@news.povray.org>
Hello.

I'm trying to make a camera that'll make an orthographic (top-down, no
perspective) rendering of some objects that I can use as a background on my
desktop.  I want the image to not be stretched in any dimension and have
each pixel represent each pixel on the desktop, so if my desktop is
1280x1024, then I want a scene with a large box that's 1280x1024 to fill up
exactly every pixel in the resulting image which will be exactly 1280x1024.

* orthographic camera projection still changes the scale of the whole image
depending on the distance of my camera from the objects (is this even
correct - with parallel projection, should the location of the camera make
any difference with regards to scale at all)?

I figured out changing the aspect ratio, but with parallel projection,
shouldn't a 1280x1024 image have a scene that's 1280x1024 "units" in
resolution?

- Steve