POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speeding up POV rendering : Speeding up POV rendering Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Speeding up POV rendering
From: Sam McKittrick
Date: 6 Feb 2007 01:40:01
Message: <web.45c8229d772a409e3df089dc0@news.povray.org>
I have an idea that may be worth looking into, but I'd like some feedback
from people on this forum first. I have many computers that sit around and
do very little for the most part, as PCs tend to do. Do you think that
people would pay to have these computers render POV scenes quickly? Let's
say you could get the equivalent of 10 top of the line Pentium IV's working
24 hours full time rendering your scene in a couple of hours. Would this be
worth $10? $20? Nothing?