POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sun goes up : Re: sun goes up Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun goes up
From: quickfur
Date: 1 Feb 2007 22:00:00
Message: <web.45c2a8ec6339277bdd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> Just revisiting an effect I played with a long time ago. Sunrise simulated
> by scattering blue media and a white light source. All the pretty colours
> come from the blue air removing all the blue light from the sun so you end
> up with just orange. The main difference between this and my earlier version
> ( http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/misc/index.php?movie=sun-a-rise ) is
> that I'm using a colour matrix (thanks to megapov's post processing) to do
> all the rendering in a CIE colour space, allowing for more vivid and
> realistic colours. Also this one's media is type 5 with eccentricity .5, so
> we get a nice glow near the sun.
>
> I'm still working on the effect 'cause I'm not too happy with the colours...
> but it took all night to render and I wanted to show it off!
[...]

Impressive! How long did this take to render? (Just curious.)

Some comments: the transition from the orange sun to the white sun seems
a bit unrealistic-looking. I'm not sure if it's just my perception... Also,
after the sun has risen, there remains a white glow over the horizon,
which looks odd.

Nevertheless, a very cool animation. Are you planning to use this as part of
a larger movie, perhaps? :-)