POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Icey Problems : Icey Problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Icey Problems
From: BuRnInG IcE
Date: 31 Jan 2007 20:55:00
Message: <web.45c146b8f302c2eeda6e9e4a0@news.povray.org>
I have this screen name on many different web site, and since I use POV-Ray,
I thought "Hey! I'll make an avater in POV-Ray!"

My ire is this: I can not find a good ice . . .
texture/interior/normal/what-have-you. I know the ice IOR, but it still
looks like glass, because it is so smooth. A texture doesn't help, nor do
normals. I can't understand exactly what to do. I was hoping someone might
know where source for good ice might be. Specifically, I'm looking for a
natural, sorta frosty, ripply looking ice, not a ice cube look. But right
now, I'm not picky. Any ice would work, and I could just fiddle with it.

P.S. I got the flame worked out. Just need ice.