POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? : Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? Server Time
9 May 2024 06:35:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ?
From: virtualmeet
Date: 31 Jan 2007 19:35:00
Message: <web.45c13523f1edfe3ee1e143150@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   I think it's commendable that someone is at least trying to develop
> enhancements for POV-Ray. A civilized examination of the ideas and
> problems involved might result in some new usable ideas. (And even if
> not, at least it's a good way to understand how raytracing of isosurfaces
> work.)
Thanks Warp :). I tried to read some code from PovRay source but to
implement such parser need a full understanding of all the process used in
PovRay. I have already some understanding of the algorithm used inside it
but reading the code is another story. If it can't be implemented then it's
really a big "loss". Why? because every program that implented it will beat
all the others in terms of speed calculations: Nothing can compete with
them and this even with a "poor quality" implementation. I know a bunch of
programs (specially scientific) that can take huge advantages from it and I
think you understand what I'm talking about. I really hope to find a way to
exploit this parser in the raytracing.
Also, I found a way to exploit binary fcts for optimisations :)
I said before that this parser is going to beat the hardware in term of
speed, well now I made some tests that prove it : parallelising operations
is good, but exploiting the internal geometry propertys with the parser
give incredible results...
Cheers,
Taha