POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Glow effect problem : Re: Glow effect problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow effect problem
From: Mike8
Date: 30 Jan 2007 12:55:00
Message: <web.45bf857112efcd2e97986bf60@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> You can use looks_like to make a light have a visible object there.
> Then use a media glow in that object. It's important to remember
> that an object needs to be hollow to contain a visible media.
>
> //example
> light_source {
>   <0, 0, 0>
>   color rgb <1, 1, 1>
>   looks_like {
>      sphere{<0,0,0>,1
>         hollow
>         material {
>            texture {
>               pigment {Clear}
>            }
>            interior {
>               media{
>                  emission 0.75
>                  scattering {1, 0.5}
>                  density {
>                     spherical
>                     color_map {
>                        [0.0 rgb <0,0,0.5>]
>                        [0.5 rgb <0.8, 0.8, 0.4>]
>                        [1.0 rgb <1,1,1>]
>                     }
>                  }
>               }
>            }
>         }
>      }
>   }
> }
Thanks, the code works well, but I've hit another problem. My light source
is already contained in a translucent object, like a lightbulb.
Unfortunately, it seems to be blocking the glow effect. Is there a way to
correct this, without making the lightbulb invisible? Thanks.
Also, is it possible to add the same kind of glow effect to objects other
than light sources?
I hope I'm not asking to many questions. Thanks for everyone's input!
Michael