POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
19 May 2024 03:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 25 Jan 2007 12:35:00
Message: <web.45b8e9a42adc5aebf5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
>"Hildur K." <hildurka [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote:
>
>> This could also safe us a lengthy discussion about what is allowed and what
>> is not.
>
>That is the best argument there could be :-)
>
>Stephen

I was just asking a question about the evoked 'technical restrictions' which
can be considered as part of the 'challenge' (re-read the discussion). Like
you, I basically don't see why we should exclude non Hard-core POVers. But
I had to get the opinion of people.

Second, I suggested only one sdl file for POVers and one "MODEL" for
modelers to match the fact that people don't have time to work until
end-Feb, and thus, the scenes are likely to be rather simple (but
experienced people can make an image that involves thousands of lines of
sdl code or huge model with a lot of reuse). Also, as the idea of this
pseudo ITRC round arose from a POV-related newsgroup, I had in mind that it
would rather be sdl, and a better occasion to share code and experience than
the IRTC itself. We are a little bit "between us". And we all want to have
fun and learn, nothing more. It is no presidential campaign ...

As Hildur said the most simple now is to apply the traditional IRTC rules
for what is acceptable or not, and forget about restrictions. Therefore,
the topic must be defined.

We will start a new thread dedicated to entries. I propose there will be no
ranking, just comments and exchange.

// The topic is still open to suggestions.

    Bruno