POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
19 May 2024 01:00:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2007 11:10:01
Message: <web.45b8d52c2adc5aebf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> An overall rule would be that the scene holds in a single POV-sdl file or a
> single 3D model. Shall we retrict the renderer to be POV only?
>
>     Bruno.

that another renderer will be used. But on the other hand and in the spirit
of the IRTC why not open it to any rendering engine? If there were entries
not using Pov-Ray the Pov-Ray community could only gain by the comparison.
As for the rule you propose that only a single POV-SDL file be accepted. You
may not be aware that Moray exports its materials in a separate inc file.
Also I believe that quite a few people use include files for macros and
functions. While it is possible to combine these into one file that would
involve additional work.

Stephen