POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
19 May 2024 03:40:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Hildur K
Date: 25 Jan 2007 11:15:00
Message: <web.45b8d01f2adc5aeb505d35150@news.povray.org>

> An overall rule would be that the scene holds in a single POV-sdl file or a
> single 3D model. Shall we retrict the renderer to be POV only?
>
>     Bruno.

are assuming that only hard core Povers want to participate.

In case someone using a different software, would we want to exclude that
person??? What harm is there in somebody using another software package????

Let people use what they got, has always been the spirit of the IRTC

counts, not how it was created. So I suggest we stick to the good old IRTC
rules regarding how an image should and should not be generated.

This could also safe us a lengthy discussion about what is allowed and what
is not.

not one of those hard core Povray coders.

I, for the most part, use a modeler, just add a bit of code here and there.

probably find out how to write it all into a single file, but I honestly

out from a scratch, just to fulfill a superficial technicality.

Do you want to risk excluding the more artistically oriented people and just
include the more technically inclined???

I know, I know, these seem to be two different species, many exceptions
though :-)
But there IS a reason why some people never submit to the short code
competition.

has it???

Hildur