POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
19 May 2024 00:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 25 Jan 2007 09:50:01
Message: <web.45b8c26f2adc5aebf5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Bruno Cabasson wrote:
> > I'd like the following question to be answered: POV-SDL only or shall we
> > leave it free?
> >
> Free.  If you restrict the technical means, you can leave the theme
> open, if you set the theme, you must leave the technical means open.

OK. That's a good point of view. So we have 2 options:

    - Theme is defined, no technical restriction.
      The theme is still under discussion.
      Until now, were mentionned and sometimes commented/voted
      earlier in the thread (not ranked/sorted):
          . TINA CheP (appears to be the favorite)
          . The other side
          . Sleep
          . Confusion
          . Rebirth
          . Beauty
          . Your favourite tools
          . Degradation
          . Something 2D in 3D
          . timeless
          . optimism
          . optical illusion
          . the universe
          . Floccinaucinihilipilification
          . alien flower
          . splash!
          . The Holly Grail
          . loss of control (maybe too general for our concern)
          . message in the bottle
          . IRTC in Hibernation
          . Sleep of the IRTC
          . Death of the IRTC?
          . IRTC’s end?
          . just "New IRTC"

    - Means restricted, theme open.
      We had:
      . Only primitives (spheres, cylinders, cones, toruses, planes, boxes,
....)
      . Only ONE primitive of your choice
      . Black & White

An overall rule would be that the scene holds in a single POV-sdl file or a
single 3D model. Shall we retrict the renderer to be POV only?

    Bruno.