POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stained Glass Crackle Texture : Re: Stained Glass Crackle Texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stained Glass Crackle Texture
From: waggy
Date: 21 Jan 2007 21:55:00
Message: <web.45b42678de839507442464bf0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   That's odd. It looks more like a collection of oddly-shaped crystal
> stones to me, joined by some mortar material. :P

That's a relief!  I was worried it might be mistaken for a mess of mutant
easter eggs lightly poached in petroleum jelly...

Seriously, a quick fix to my admittedly insipid filter 1...specular 0.8
treatment of the glass would be greatly appreciated, as all other
improvements would also be.

I posted this more to remind myself (and anyone else looking) how to use
this texturing technique than to make 'realistic' stained glass.  I'd
personally like to see suggestions for coding improvements even more than
how to add photon, radiosity, and other advanced glass simulation
techniques.  Incidentally, since I already have a height_field-leaded
version of this, I am considering doing a comparison among pure texture ,
height_field-leaded, and isosurface-leaded techniques.

With that said, I still think this would work well for a broken-bottle
mosaic, and with some truly funky crackle use, a nice sliced fruitcake.

-Waggy