POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New topic? : Re: New topic? Server Time
6 May 2024 13:50:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New topic?
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 21 Jan 2007 18:30:00
Message: <web.45b3f705dc71f6c4e6616b5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi all.
It's been years since I posted something in this newsgroup, but the
situation is a chaos as I see it.
I don't remember exactly how many years I've been following the IRTC, I
believe they are 10 or so, sometimes like a participant, always as a 3D
fan.
IRTC was to me the better place for learning, working and sharing ideas,
techniques and friendship.
The problem you are talking about, delays, seems like no one at charge,
strange explanations, happened some years ago, but people is always polite,
and povers more than anyone.
Sometimes I've tried to push me to do something and to submit it to the
IRTC, but the way it worked has made me to quit.
Something like to say the new topic the very first day of the round (as
Steve says) would be a big step. Is it difficult? No it's a nonsense. Just
to edit a page and upload it.
Having to wait more than 20 days always to see the submitted works and to
began the voting process... something is not working here, but not now,
some years ago.
That's one reason why the IRTC is going down, better said it's drowning, and
if the ones who own it don't do anything about it, the only reason I can
think of it's because they don't care.
It's a shame to see what's happening.
Hoping someone will react.
Bye.