POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stained Glass Crackle Texture : Stained Glass Crackle Texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Stained Glass Crackle Texture
From: waggy
Date: 21 Jan 2007 15:40:00
Message: <web.45b3cf2867164d1b442464bf0@news.povray.org>
Inspired by Warp's relatively recent post to take a look at his "4 tips to
improve a simple POV-Ray scene" <http://warp.povusers.org/povtips/>,  I
thought I'd post my recent experience with what I imagined would already be
thoroughly documented.  Please comment on what I posted to the POV-Ray wiki
or better yet, improve the wiki.

http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?StainedGlass

Perhaps google and I have missed the online repository of all things
POV-Ray, but I couldn't find a good description of how to do a decent
stained-glass crackle texture, even though this application is mentioned in
the POV-Ray manual.  Perhaps it's too cliche and has been purged from the
web by vigilante raytracing puritanical extremists?

Anyway, it took some doing, but I think it turned out alright.

Thanks for the feedback.
-David Wagner

P.S. I copied the article from my personal wiki, where there are
higher-resolution images, but I don't know how much traffic to expect from
this newsgroup.  I already got an unusual surge of bandwidth this month and
will hold off posting the link until February unless page hits are likely to
be fewer than a few thousand.