POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory.log : Re: Memory.log Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory.log
From: gregjohn
Date: 19 Jan 2007 15:10:00
Message: <web.45b124a5b59bc83b40d56c170@news.povray.org>
> As POV-ray includes the correct library versions, it is a
> non-issue.

If it helps in the anti-FUD department, what started all this excitement for
me was that I put one superellipsoid in a scene and did not perceive a
render speed slowdown.

So I added a half dozen more, some with concurrent surfaces, as part of a
major overhaul with multiple SDL changes across multiple includes and saw
some screwy behavior. Ultimately, it all boiled down to the render speed
slowdown due to multiple supers, but it took quite a while with my mental
resources to make this deduction.

I'm at least official now on two boxes.