POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Jan 2007 04:35:01
Message: <web.45ac9b7a27a5e584f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> <sigh>
> Yes, I agree...
> I would have prefered a working update with pov version 3.6 (and 3.7)
> instead of all the beta work around a better mesh modeller inside Moray (or
> so I have understood the development). There are (and were) excellent mesh
> modellers available, so, imo, Moray does not need really it. It is far more
> powerful in other domains, not in the least in the plugin interface, that I
> would like to see developed in the same manner/philosophy as Leveller.
> <sigh again>
>
> Thomas

I agree too. Creating meshes from a csg then being able to subdivide it is a
nice feature but working with a version of Pov from 2004 is a pain. Even
making the Moray 3.5 features work with Pov 3.6 would be more useful than
mesh editing.

to import Pov SDL. It has limitations but it is developing well.

Stephen