POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Open Source Modellers : Re: Open Source Modellers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open Source Modellers
From: Smws
Date: 14 Jan 2007 19:00:01
Message: <web.45aac328fa44aca3bd0cea630@news.povray.org>
"Woody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> What are some of the most popular Windows POV-Ray open source general
> modellers?
>
> -Jeff

Well, it sort of depends on what you're modelling.

Wings3D is a subdivision modeller, probably the most popular for POV-Ray:
http://www.wings3d.com

Blender is a package that can be used for modelling, and there are scripts
available to render blender creations in POV-Ray:
http://www.blender.org/cms/Features.155.0.html
(caveat: I haven't used it on my machine, or gotten it to work, but it
claims to support Windows 98-XP)

JPatch is a bicubic patch modeller. I haven't used it. It looks good,
though.
http://www.jpatch.com/

There are almost certainly others, but those are the OSS modellers that I
have seen referenced most often.

HTH
-Stefan