POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bright triangles in mesh2 : Re: bright triangles in mesh2 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:02:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bright triangles in mesh2
From: Mousehunter
Date: 14 Jan 2007 18:15:00
Message: <web.45aab8f22b4aaefbc32be1770@news.povray.org>

>   This is most probably caused by the inverted normals problem described
> here:
>
> http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/SmoothTriangleArtifact/index.html
>
>   Also this is good to know about smooth triangles:
>
> http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/TheShadowLineArtifact/index.html

I read those, but I found it strange that it all works for all the other
triangles. A small change in position or normal makes the artifact come or
disappear...

>   Increasing the mesh resolution (ie. more triangles) might help
> a bit (at least reduce the sice of the artifacts).

Indeed, but the data I have is on a 40x40 grid. And when the normals are
determined, the outer bounds are lost, so only 38x38 remains. Not really
fancy for face recognition...