POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CMPEG : Re: CMPEG Server Time
17 May 2024 04:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CMPEG
From: waggy
Date: 8 Jan 2007 10:20:01
Message: <web.45a26084563ecf11442464bf0@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Good to know.  Thanks.   Did you happen to try any converters?  There seem
> to be more options if your input isn't still images. (I used to use DTA, but
> that was mainly to create .avi's)
> Charles
>
> "waggy" <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote:
> > In addition, I tried and discarded about a half-dozen other free/trial
> > software, but none gave me the compression and quality of the default
> > configuration provided in CONVMPG2.ZIP.  Go figure.

You're welcome.  I didn't try any video-to-video converters.  Since my only
reason for checking out these packages was to create a video for the IRTC
competition, I was looking exclusively at their bitmaps-to-mpeg1
capability.

-David

P.S.  I now doubt I'll make the entry deadline.  My original idea, a
five-minute video I've had playing in my head since I took a modern dance
class in the early nineties, is probably too ambitious and bogged down in
tweaking faked caustics/light strength and distance/media interactions for
a good underwater look.  It's also too late to start over with a new idea
(tentatively titled "Dance of the Sewer Pipe Fairy") UNLESS I find out soon
if there is a deadline extension as proposed in a recent irtc/anim thread.