POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Request for offline HTML documentation : Request for offline HTML documentation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:48:27 EDT (-0400)
  Request for offline HTML documentation
From: Wolf
Date: 4 Jan 2007 15:10:00
Message: <web.459d5e4c3fda500eedd244720@news.povray.org>
Dear Povray Team,

My eclipse plugin for editing Povray scene files (PovClipse,
http://povclipse.sourceforge.net) is making good process.
However, I very important part missing is the syntax documentation
support.

This means:
* if the mouse pointer is held over a 'box' keyword a hover should pop
up displaying the help section for the box statement.
* If the 'box' keyword is selected, pressing 'F1' should open the
online help displaying the box syntax reference.

In order to achieve this I would need the Povray documentation in a
standalone HTML format, which would be distributed with my PovClipse
plugin.
Each documentation chapter has to be a single HTML page and all Povray
keywords should be linkable within the pages using HTML anchors.

Is there any chance you can support my PovClipse project by providing
such HTML documentation?

I can not link to the official Povray online help because:
* the URL can not be derived using the keyword (e.g.
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/276/ for the 'box'
documentation)
* the pages do not have anchors
* the help should work in an offline environment as well

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Wolf