POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuck : Re: beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuc= Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuc=
From: LiquidEyes
Date: 1 Jan 2007 14:45:01
Message: <web.4599641eb1f3ebb76e2081290@news.povray.org>
> AFAIK, you shouldn't be replacing the files in your normal distribution.
>   Just leave them as they are, and unzip the beta file into a new
> directory, and things should work fine.

Sorry I don't understand!

The beta zip file only contains a handful of files (mostly DLLs). The
instructions explicitly say you are supposed to install 3.6.1 first.

If I just install the beta files to a new folder, how will PovRay know where
they are?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, please can you point me in the
direction of a walk-through for installing the beta? Thanks in advance. :)