POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How would I do this in POV-Ray? : How would I do this in POV-Ray? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  How would I do this in POV-Ray?
From: blooflame
Date: 29 Dec 2006 00:10:01
Message: <web.4594a231626f25417a9334df0@news.povray.org>
I've known of POV-Ray for years but just getting around to having time to
use it for anything. Here's the general idea of something I need to do, can
I do it in POV-Ray?

I want to create a set of images, each on a virtual "sheet of glass", and
stack them together so that you see them as though looking straight through
the glass.

How would I do this? My (naive?) thought process is to define each sheet as
a "box" with dimensions proportional to how a sheet of glass is (thin
front-to-back, rectangular), then create images in the plane of one side of
the box. Boxes to be placed in space such that each one is exactly next to
the other.

Make sense?