POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compiling with optimizations? : Re: Compiling with optimizations? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with optimizations?
From: space cadet
Date: 28 Dec 2006 11:35:01
Message: <web.4593f103226a9bfa52fb0b4c0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> space_cadet <poc### [at] grcnasagov> wrote:
> > I suspect the binary distribution of povray (linux) is compiled without
> > optimizations.
>
>   Why do you suspect that?
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Per the advice of a colleague, who has far more experience than I in such
things, believes that distributed binaries are usually compiled without
optimizations in order to make them compatible with the broadest range of
processors possible, since optimizations tend to be processor specific.

Thanks for all responses, guys. appreciated.