POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media question : Re: media question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media question
From: MichaelC
Date: 21 Dec 2006 22:25:00
Message: <web.458b4d1fbbf3e05a94b0bd780@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> I looked at your code...
>
> I think you have parts of the media object in
> a non-hollow object.
>
> Parts of your scene have no texture assigned.
>
> The sky_sphere, background and fog don't work
> well with media (3.3.2.1). Use a big inverted
> sphere or something for sky.
>
> The scale of your objects is quite large, the
> clouds in particular are at the edge of the
> resolution of the floating point numbers in pov.
> I tend to use 1 pov unit = 1 foot or so...

Thanks Tim,

I know my code wasn't up to par as far as textures and everything went.  I
was just using an old code block to test media with to save me some time.
Looking at the simplicity of your code though it seems it would have been
better for me to take the time to write from scratch.  My media block was
only supposed to be a box in front of the wall and windows but I think my
scale of 1U = 1 inch is a bit too much.

After looking over your code, I realized my media box went all the way down
into my floor and left no "air" for the light to reflect on the floor.  I
raised my media .001 and my filtered shadow appeared on the floor.

The simplicity of your code has made me realize that I may over complicate
things.  Nice example. Thanks again for taking the time to help out a newb.

Michael