POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media question : Re: media question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media question
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 18 Dec 2006 16:35:01
Message: <web.4587087dbbf3e05acd7fbef60@news.povray.org>
"MichaelC" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello fellow PoV'ers..
>
> I am fairly new to POV-Ray and I am having issues with media and thought I
> would post my question here.
>
> I have created a stained glass window with an outside light source shining
> into my room.

great idea ..

> Without media, the light shines through and I see a colored
> "shadow" on the floor from the light shining through the window.  This is
> how I want it.  With media, I see the colored light shining through my
> media but I lose my colored floor "shadow".

oh .. thats odd.

> I have tried turning photons on .. but that didn't seem to help.

can you post the complete pov source file somewhere so I can do a quick
render of it ?  Like at http://www.rafb.net/paste/

then I can look at it

I am working on something similar with glass and media etc etc

   http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/povray_AMD64/media1_001.png

that only takes ten or fifteen minutes to render.

Dennis