POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do : Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do
From: Grassblade
Date: 16 Dec 2006 16:50:00
Message: <web.4584694015b5c780485e86890@news.povray.org>
"dave vanhorn" <mic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I wouldn't know, but you can try changing your function. There's another
> > heart shaped function here, that reportedly renders very quickly:
> > http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/real.htm (Yet Another Heart)
>
> I have that now, and it's workable, but when I put it in my scene, I get a
> parse error.
> His file renders correctly, so I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not
> seeing it.
>
> Error is : Expected 'operator', ( found instead
>
> #declare Bend=0.5;
> #declare Sharpness=0.8;
>
> #declare Heart = isosurface {
>                             function { f_torus
> (y-pow(abs(x),Sharpness)*Bend,z,x,0.8,0.1) }
>                             max_gradient 1.5
>                             contained_by { sphere {0,1.5}}
>                             }
>
> //finally, the heart as an object
> #declare MyHeart =
>     object { Heart material  { M_Ruby_Glass }
>
>                    #ifndef(NoPhotons)
>                      photons { //collect off
>                                refraction on
>                                reflection on
>                                target  1.0
>                              }
>                    #end
>
>           }

My guess is that you need to include functions.inc before declaring this
function. Might it also be an issue with M_Ruby_Glass? I changed it to a
default texture and it rendered correctly. BTW, the funtion you picked is
the heart hoop; the heart function is the other one:
(f_sphere(y-pow(abs(x),0.8)*0.5,z*2,x,0.6).