POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do : Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do
From: stm31415
Date: 16 Dec 2006 10:25:00
Message: <web.45840f0815b5c780cf1900cc0@news.povray.org>
I would use a different heart function, but if that is not an option, split
your isosurface into the par that has the giganitc gradient and the part
that doesn't. Just use two isosurface definitions, each with the same
function but different bounding boxes. One bounding box includes just the
area around the errors, the other takes in the rest. Use as many bits as
you need to keep the max_gradient on the large portion of the final object
low.

-Sam Bleckley
stm 31415 (at) g mail . com