POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do : Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 15 Dec 2006 19:15:00
Message: <web.45833a0015b5c780820eac890@news.povray.org>
> The problem that I'm having is that even with photons and radiosity turned
> way down, this is taking forever to render.  I have the accuracy set to just
> beyond where it needs to be to get the surface defect free, and that's taken
> over a week's spare time rendering to establish.
> I'm using a bounding box, just barely bigger than the isosurface.

I might go back to earlier versions and see where this started .... if you
look here
   http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces_curves/
many of these are rendered using POVRay and isosurface{}, they certainly
used to render quite quickly compared to version 3.6.

P a u l   B o u r k e
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/