POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Odd Isosurface difference? : Re: Odd Isosurface difference? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd Isosurface difference?
From: Grassblade
Date: 13 Dec 2006 17:45:00
Message: <web.458082035ce1b967133366650@news.povray.org>
Thank you both, your help was much appreciated! And it works! That "inverse"
trick is especially neat. I guess I was putting too much faith in 2.4.1.9
about "empty" objects.
However, now I'm sort of stuck, because the original plan was to give the
pages some thickness. I know that using difference isn't a good idea, but I
can't put my function (translated a bit ) in a bounded_by or clipped_by
statement, can I?
Or I guess I could make a union of two pages. Is there a comand to "close"
the sides of the pages in that case?