POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray blob and "city coordinates" format : Re: moray blob and "city coordinates" format Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray blob and "city coordinates" format
From: Matti
Date: 11 Dec 2006 08:05:00
Message: <web.457d570f6b39a9647580c0160@news.povray.org>
Yes, you are right!  I would like to import about some 100 different "atoms"
and it would be very hard to do this by hand, especially if the geometry is
not trivial and morays nice duplicate tool is overextended. But even if you
do it by hand, it is very hard to change the symmetry or even changing the
radii of the spheres can not be done all at once (Or is it possible to
define a variable in moray e.g the radius which can be linked by different
objects? That would be very nice!!!) Therefore I use an external program to
create a dataset of the sphere positions and radii and "just" load it into
moray.
The Domer plugin is a good hint, thank you, but I fear it is not flexible
enough to build up any geometry...
Even if I want to use Moray, maybe Bishop3D will help solving this problem,
but I didn't looked at it until now.

Regards
Matti