POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Dec 2006 07:45:00
Message: <web.45780c4d3c567753976a8750@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   This is because, if the #macro is indeed in an included file, POV-Ray will
> open that file, seek to the macro, parse it and close the file, and this each
> time the macro is called. Thus the overhead is about as bad as an explicit
> #include call.

oh, man! This is freakish bad!  It really read the include file each time
the macro is called?!  Is it an easy way to get local scoping for the macro
by using the stabilished local file for the include files?... that hurts...

I'll be downloading the source-code tonight to see things for myself and
perhaps implement a demo for my #includeas proposal...