POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Dec 2006 07:40:00
Message: <web.45780b793c567753976a8750@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Has it been decided that SDL will get a complete overhaul, then?  And
> what about backwards compatibility - is POV-Ray finally giving up on it?

I don't believe he is talking to the SDL language itself (the interface),
but to the kludgy implementation.  No need to fear no backwards
compatibility.

I think we all agree the SDL is the very heart and crown jewel of povray.
It's simple, unobstrusive and get things done in a much more practical and
declarative way than most programming languages.  The SDL needs no fix, but
some nice feature addons are a plus and the implementation behind getting a
facelift is great news. :)