POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : xml-file converting to Povray? : Re: xml-file converting to Povray? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xml-file converting to Povray?
From: Lonster
Date: 5 Dec 2006 09:05:00
Message: <web.45757b68fa762727ad5eb7750@news.povray.org>
"Kitty" <kit### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a xml-file describing some buildings in 3D and I wanted to ask if
> there exist a possibility to convert or to import this file into Povray. I
> would like to render this xml-file with Povray. Is this possible, is there a
> software able to convert xml-files to Povray? Or what other thing could I
> do?
>
> Thanks for your help!!

This may help...

Importing XML Files into AutoCAD:
Use the insert comand to import a XML file. Alternatively from the menu pick
INSERT|Block. In the INSERT dialog box click BROWSE which displays SELECT
DWG FILE dialog box. Click the FILES of type dropdown list and select XML.
Select the dwg and click open Place the dwg as if you would a block.  From
there you should be able to save it in another format like .3ds and convert
to POV-SDL with PoseRay. Good Luck.

--Lonster