POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Standards : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards
From: Charles C
Date: 4 Dec 2006 15:30:00
Message: <web.4574850447def5cab160ffde0@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <ykg### [at] vtedu> wrote:

> > "Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>My worry would be about files that are expecting to see a global variable by >one
name and get the prefixed version in
stead.

> nemesis wrote:
> > but the alias is given by the user of the include file in his own file.  So,
> > the prefix is necessary and he is well aware of it, since it was him who
> > named it in the first place.
> >

> Everything in just bike.inc is prefixed with nem. If bike.inc includes
> another file, are those prefixed or not? If not, we run the risk of name
> overlap again because those items are probably going to be less likely
> to be checked. If they are, how will bike.inc know what variable names
> to call?
>
> Will #as tags stack like namespaces, or when a new one is created is the
> last one automatically closed?

Yes this is what I meant.  I was just trying to say includes called from
within includes would need to inherit the prefixes all the way down. That
way, they'll all be expecting to see variables that match.  The only issue
I see is for example things like #ifndef(something) #include
"something.inc" #end might tend to duplicate things in memory.