POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compile error during Megapov XRS server make : Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make Server Time
16 May 2024 23:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make
From: Peter Raeth
Date: 4 Dec 2006 14:40:01
Message: <web.45747886e1423b92f826bd4d0@news.povray.org>
"George Pantazopoulos" <go### [at] tomyaboutpage> wrote:

> Thanks Peter, you helped find a bug and reminded me I need to work on my
> error messages ;-)
>
> It's looking for the image width specifier to contain a lower-case 'w', and
> it doesn't recognize your capital '+W'. This may apply to others, but I'd
> start with the +w and +h first.

This is a win-win situation. Am happy to be working through this. Sorry to
not have responded sooner. Last week we were really under the gun to get
our R&D plans finished.

Proceeded with restructuring the command and used: "python pyxrsclient.py
+w800 +h600 +iwoodbox.pov +v +owoodbox.png
+l/cygdrive/c/program_files/cygwin/tmp/povray-3.6.1/include"

Received the following error message: "POV Base dir could not be located.
Path must contain scenes/"

Looking through the python code, this happens when NONE is returned by the
parser. The parser seems to be trying to read the line:  g_server_urls = [
("http://localhost:9000",
"/cygdrive/c/program_files/cygwin/tmp/povray-3.6.1") ]

The indicated directory does indeed exist since we installed full povray.
Not being a python expert, maybe I messed up the syntax. Looked back at the
original example but could not spot anything amiss.

Thanks,

Peter.