POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Standards : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Dec 2006 20:40:00
Message: <web.45737bd747def5ca64cda71e0@news.povray.org>
"Randall Sawyer" <sra### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> One approach which might make this process more manageable, would be to
> require that each #macro/#declare name contain an abreviation which
> identifies the type of object it returns

yes, yes, i believe this kind of "Hungarian Notation" is used by most
povvers.  But if we require that each include file #declare gets prefixed
by a unique identifier, we'll endup with limits to the number of include
files and it is indeed too confusing.  Why can't i call my make_bike macro
simply make_bike within my own include file?  Just because the name will
clash with someone else's make_bike?  This is why i like aliases, since
they allow us to decide what to call someone else's #declares...