POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Standards : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 3 Dec 2006 18:05:00
Message: <web.4573572d47def5caadb4e0ea0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> We should not forget povray is heavily used by non-programmers and adding
> more stuff -- like more syntax items or heavy-handed standards -- may put
> some of these people down...

I think I've got it!

In our ini files, each of us has default settings for variously-leveled
parameters:
image resolution, render quality, antialias tolerance, etc.

Why not have a tiered system whereby each user can establish how strictly or
loosely they want there includes governed?

Then, when the collection is up-and-running, the subgroups in the collection
could reflect the include regulator levels in the ini file.

If someone with strict standards really wanted to use something from a more
casual source, then it's caveat emptor.

Also, I think that the "#include ... #as" idea is more dynamic and flexible
than the #namespace approach.

-Randall