POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Licensing : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 1 Dec 2006 03:55:00
Message: <web.456fecdc6ea74aa9f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
I am currently at work, thus I have no much time to make a long post. I sum
up the guidelines of my opinion:

Preamble: The spirit of POV (and especially POV team and major contributors)
is "all for free"

EITHER: Contributors, once 'elected' to appear in the repository, should
comply to a de-facto "all for free" rule/copyright/license, like all
built-in or shipped-with stuff that comes with the distribution. Otherwise
it is no contribution, it is commerce. However, I find normal that people
whose work is published in the repository, after having followed the
contribution and developement process and election rules, should be
credited in some way. In this way, 'official' contributors's work is
considered as being part of the POV product (in a wide sense), like
standard includes do.

OR: People who want fame or sell their work have many means to do so (Zazzle
for instance), where all copyright/license aspects are well defined.

   Bruno.