POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Organisation : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 29 Nov 2006 23:10:01
Message: <web.456e592c6bf4081b25009e1a0@news.povray.org>

"Charles C" wrote:
> I've checked now, and the limit for POV-Ray is 25 library_paths that you can
> add to the main POVRAY.INI.  Having a lot of sub directories containing 2
> files kindof slows down browsing on one's own computer IMHO, so for some
> things some sort of a general/tidbits directory might be nice.

How about using file names with standardized multiple suffixes such as:
    -- foo.texture.inc    (or foo_texture.inc)
    -- foo.pigment.inc    (or foo_pigment.inc)
    -- foo.finish.inc     (or foo_finish.inc)
    -- etc...

Or, if grouping *.inc files into the directory tree Ben Chambers proposes,
then within each one of these directories use standardized suffixes such
as:
    -- foo.texture.skin.inc     (or foo_texture_skin.inc)
    -- foo.texture.stone.inc    (or foo_texture_stone.inc)
    -- foo.texture.wood.inc     (or foo_texture_wood.inc)
    -- etc...

This way, we could easily stay within the "25 library_paths" limit that
Charles C addresses.

Just thinking...

-Randall